Dear Friend of V-Day Sacramento,
V-Day Sacramento, in partnership with Sacramento Take Back the Night, is proud to present the 2017 benefit performances of Eve Ensler’s award-winning play The Vagina Monologues on: Sunday, February 12th at the Guild Theatre, and Friday, February 17th at The Crest Theatre. This production raises awareness about violence against women and benefits local nonprofit organizations working to build a safer community in Sacramento.
The truth is, violence against women is a reality in our community. In California alone, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate that there are over 7.5 million female survivors of rape and sexual assault. Additionally, the California Women’s Health Survey reports that approximately 40 percent of California women experience domestic violence in their lifetime. These numbers are unacceptable.
Since 2010, we have reached thousands of people with our message, and raised over $110,000 to support local nonprofit organizations serving survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. Last year alone, we sold out The Crest Theatre for our second consecutive year and raised over $37,000 for our local beneficiaries.This year, all proceeds will be donated to the A Community for Peace and Sex Workers Outreach Project (SWOP) Sacramento to support local organizations providing critical resources and services to survivors of violence in our community.
Our goal in 2017 is to raise $35,000 for these excellent organizations.
And, we need YOUR help! JOIN US:
- Attend one or both performances of the The Vagina Monologues: Sunday, February 12th at the Guild Theatre | Friday, February 17th at The Crest Theatre.
- Attend our third annual benefit event, One Night Stand, on February 11th. Meet the fabulous 2017 cast, enjoy open mic night, an auction, drink specials and more! Tickets online (also available at the door).
- Advertise in the program. We hope to sell out both performances this year, meaning YOU have the opportunity to reach nearly 1,300 audience members with an ad in our printed program (form attached).
- Make a donation. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Donations of $50 and above will be recognized in the program.
- Sponsor a woman in a domestic violence and sexual assault shelter to attend. Your sponsorship allows women who have been directly impacted by violence to benefit from the message of The Vagina Monologues (form below).
- Promote and publicize: www.vdaysacramento.org | VagMo at the Guild fb event | VagMo at the Crest fb event| One Night Stand fb event
To partner with V-Day Sacramento, please complete the attached Commitment Form. The deadline to include an ad in the event program is Friday, February 3, 2017. For questions about ads, donations, or V-Day Sacramento, please email us at [email protected].
Now more than ever, V-Day Sacramento allows us to strengthen existing relationships, create new ones, and develop a collective voice against violence in Sacramento. Please join us!