ABOUT

V20 IS HERE. JOIN THE RESISTANCE.

Our Mission

A world in which women live safely and freely, spending their lives creating and thriving rather than surviving or recovering from terrible atrocities.

Our Work Is Grounded In Four Core Beliefs:

  • Art has the power to transform thinking and inspire people to act.
  • Lasting social and cultural change is spread by ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
  • Local women best know what their communities need and can become unstoppable leaders.
  • One must look at the intersection of race, class, and gender to understand violence against women.

Our History

Founded in 2010 by Jennifer Teykaerts, JoLane Blaylock, Chad Sniffen, Maryanne Henke, and Nicola Hil, V-Day Sacramento began as a project of Sacramento Take Back the Night. Since then, V-Day Sacramento has raised nearly $150,000 for local non-profit organizations in the Sacramento area.

Want to help?

ABOUT V-DAY

RISE RESIST UNITE

WHAT IS V-DAY?

V-Day is a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls. Through V-Day campaigns, local volunteers and college students produce annual benefit performances of The Vagina Monologues and A Memory, A Monologue, A Rant and A Prayer to raise awareness and funds for anti-violence groups within their own communities. Each year, thousands of V-Day benefit events take place produced by volunteer activists in the U.S. and around the world, educating millions of people about the reality of violence against women and girls.

To learn more about the V-Day’s global movement, mission and accomplishments, visit vday.org.

WHAT IS V-DAY SACRAMENTO?

V-Day Sacramento is a local grassroots movement to end violence against all women and girls (cisgender, transgender, and gender non-conforming), bringing attention to the issues of sexual harassment, assault, domestic violence, rape, incest, and sex trafficking.

An entirely volunteer-run organization, V-Day Sacramento is a catalyst that promotes creative events to increase awareness, raise money, and revitalize the spirit of existing anti-violence organizations using the power of art and activism. 100% of funds raised go towards our commitment to ending gender-based violence. 90% stays in the Sacramento area to benefit community-based nonprofits that provide critical resources and services to survivors of violence. The remaining 10% is donated to V-Day’s global spotlight; which is focused on a variety of issues affecting women and changes each year.

OUR FISCAL SPONSOR

SACRAMENTO TAKE BACK THE NIGHT (TBTN)

Sacramento Take Back the Night aims to resist and end sexual, gender-based, and ALL forms of violence through awareness-building, empowering survivors, and supporting organizations that provide services to survivors of violence. Take Back the Night works collaboratively with local organizations and service providers in furthering these efforts, year-round.

Take Back the Night events have been held annually in Sacramento since 1979. The events take place every year on Second Saturday in October and are organized entirely by volunteers, with active participation from many community-based organizations. The Rally features a variety of diverse speakers and performances, and serves as a safe place for survivors of violence to come forward with testimonials. The event offers community resources, activities for children and teens, and encourages men to become actively involved in ending violence.

OUR BENEFICIARIES

We are no longer accepting beneficiary applications for the 2019 season.  Local 501(c)(3) organizations committed to ending violence against women and girls (cisgender, transgender & gender non-conforming) that provide services in the following categories are eligible to apply:

  • Communication and Coalition Building
  • Ending Domestic Violence/Aiding in Recovery
  • Ending Sexual Violence/Aiding in Recovery
  • Ending Systematic Violence and Oppression
  • Gender Equity and Women’s Rights
  • Incarcerated Women
  • Men and Boys (DV/SV Prevention & Education)
  • Ending Female Genital Mutilation

Keep an eye out for next year!

V

EMAIL: Producers

2

0

CONTACT

Get in touch

CONTACT US ONLINE